MATCH OFFICIAL OF THE YEAR AWARD
The following people are eligible to be considered for this recognition.
• Referee Performance Reviewers (Referee Coaches)
• IRB accredited Judicial Officers
• IRB accredited Citing Commissioners
• IRB accredited Match Commissioners
Nominees must be registered with Rugby Canada in the year of their nomination.
The nomination must include the following information.
• Details about the nominated person’s contribution to Rugby in Canada with a focus of attention upon their “recent” contribution.
• Their Match Official role(s) and their contribution to the sport in this (these) role(s).
• Details of the outcomes that can be attributed to this person’s contribution.
• Information on how this person’s contribution has assisted in achieving Rugby Canada’s goals and objectives for growing rugby in Canada.
• The award recipient must agree to have his or her name and photograph publicized. He/she must be prepared to promote the award as requested.
• All nominations must be accompanied by the names of two people who can report on the person’s ability to meet the selection criteria. These individuals must be able to comment in detail upon the applicant’s involvement in Match Officiating.
• Nominations may come from any individual registered with Rugby Canada, a Provincial Union or a committee of Rugby Canada.
• Demonstrated experience that identifies skills, knowledge and attributes of a leader of Match Officials.
• A professional attitude and a professional approach to performing as a Match Official despite the amateur status of the role.
• A demonstrated history of continuous personal development as a Match Official demonstrated by attendance at workshops, seminars, clinics, etc.
• A history of acting as a mentor of other Match Officials.
• Ambassadorial qualities that will enhance the image of Rugby Canada and the Match Officials of this country.
Match Official Recognition Selection Committee