MALE AND FEMALE COACH OF THE YEAR AWARD
The following people are eligible to be considered for this recognition.
• Coaches a male and female coach for any rugby club, school or university team from the U20 programs to the minis.
Nominations must include:
• Details about the nominated person’s contribution to Rugby in Canada with a focus of attention upon their “recent” contribution.
• Their coaching role(s) and their contribution to the sport in this role.
• Details of the outcomes that can be attributed to this person’s contribution.
• Information on how this person’s contribution has assisted in achieving Rugby Canada’s goals and objectives for growing rugby in Canada.
• The award recipient must agree to have his or her name and photograph publicized. He/she must be prepared to promote the award as requested.
• All nominations must be accompanied by the names of two people who can report on the person’s ability to meet the selection criteria. These individuals must be able to comment in detail upon the applicant’s involvement in coaching.
• Nominations may come from any individual registered with Rugby Canada, a Provincial Union or a committee of Rugby Canada.
• Demonstrated experience that identifies skills, knowledge and attributes of a leader of coach.
• A professional attitude and a professional approach to performing as a coach despite the amateur status of the role.
• A demonstrated history of continuous personal development as a coach by attendance at workshops, seminars, clinics, etc.
• A history of acting as a mentor of other coaches.
• Ambassadorial qualities that will enhance the image of Rugby Canada and the coaches of this country.
Coach Recognition Selection Committee
The selection committee will consist of:
• Chair: Dustin Hopkins
• University Rep – Collette McAuley
• National Team Staff – Mike Shelley
• Provincial Rep – Glenn Tarver (Ontario)
• RC Coach Committee Rep – Guy McKim